This program is designed to offer fun and exercise to children in a game format. Players are assigned to a team and will play a recreational game once per week against other teams in the league. The coaches in our House League program are volunteers from the community who are supported by our Club Technical Staff Coaches.
To better align ourselves with the Long Term Development we have made some changes to our ages and division – this affects, the size of the size and the number of players on the field. Please see our divisions at a glance here.
Divisions U8 - U18 for youth boys and girls born 2011 - 2001 (Youth ages 9 - 18 in 2018):
* Divisions are separate for boys and girls.
* Teams are coached and managed by volunteers. Please contact us for volunteering opportunities: email@example.com
* All players welcome
U8 = $160: This division is played half field with Ontario Soccer Certified Game Leaders
U9/10 = $160: This division is played half field with Ontario Soccer Certified Referees
U11+ = $195: These divisions are played full field with Ontario Soccer Certified Referees
Full uniforms (jersey, shorts and socks)
U8 play 5v5 including a GK with a size 4 ball. Half field. 15 minute practice + 2x20 minute halves. Retreat line to half. Pass in or dribble in, no throw ins.
* U9-10 play 5v5 including a GK with a size 4 ball. Half field. 15minute practice + 2x20 minute halves. Retreat line to half. Pass in, no throw ins.
* U11/12 play 7v7 including a GK with a size 4 ball. Full field. 2 x 25 minute halves. Retreat line to 1/3 way. Pass in, no throw ins.
* U13-18 play 7v7 including GK with a size 5 ball. Full field. Pass in, no throw ins.
* Everyone is welcome with equal playing time in all positions.
* Games will be facilitated by OS Certified Game Leaders at U8 and OS Certified Referees at U9+
* Season starts the second week of October
* Season ends before Christmas.
* Season is 11 weeks.
* Players play 1 day a week for 55 minutes on weekends
* All sessions are held at the Guelph Community Sports Dome.
* Indoor soccer shoes, cleats or turf shoes
* Shin guards